Cinnamon and Honey Heart-Shaped Valentine Cookies
½ cup honey
½ cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons rice milk
3 cups wholewheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 150 °
- Combine honey, oil, eggs and rice milk in a large bowl.
- Mix flour, baking powder and cinnamon together.
- Add flour mixture to honey mixture and mix well.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface and roll to ½ cm thickness.
- Cut with cookie cutter of your choice.
- Place cookies onto oiled baking sheet and brush with red beetroot colouring.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until browned.
How to make the beetroot colouring
Boil beetroot in water (med-high heat). Reduce heat. Simmer until beetroot are tender and there is only a few tablespoons of water left. This dyed water is your red food colouring.